Pages


Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Bunuelos--Michael


As a tradition, my family and I make buñuelos during the winter time. Buñuelos are basically a thin crispy chip version of a churro. It's warm, tons of flavor if done right, and a family activity that everyone can enjoy. Ever since i was little my family and i made these during christmas time all the time and i'm about to teach you guys how to make these as well.
Ingredients
  • ●  2 pounds of All Purpose Flour
  • ●  1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • ●  6 large eggs
  • ●  2 cups of vegetable oil for frying
  • ●  3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
  • ●  2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • ●  100 grams of butter
  • ●  2 cup sugar
  • ●  3/4 cup of milk
    Step 1 = For the Bunuelos, mix flour, butter, 1 cup of sugar, 6 eggs, milk, and baking powder in large bowl.Mix everything in the bowl until well blended.
    Step 2 = Gradually add flour mixture while stirring it constantly to form a slightly sticky dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Incorporate additional flour, a tablespoon flour at a time, until dough is no longer sticky. Shape the dough into many balls. Place in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, then let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
    Step 3 = Meanwhile, for the Cinnamon Sugar, mix sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Step 4 = Roll each ball of dough into a 6-inch round on lightly floured surface. Stack
    dough rounds between wax paper or plastic wrap. Let stand 10 minutes.
    Step 5 = Pour the vegetable oil into a saucepan to a depth of 1 inch. Heat oil on medium-high heat to 365°F to 370°F on deep-fry thermometer. Fry the dough rounds, 1 at a
time, for 2 minutes or until golden and puffed, turning once using tongs. Then after you take them out of the oil drain them on paper towels. Sprinkle each Buñuelo with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar mixture. 
 

Hope you enjoy making these as much as I do with my family and hope this is a great sweet snack to chow down on.

 https://www.google.com/search?q=bunuelos+image&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=mfoINF3uQcSM5M%253A%252CgXA8WM2G872CEM%252C_&usg=__v2eUO8ywaMg4B-h1VM1HmrAda8g%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjf8Mq37ILZAhUQ9GMKHRGgDCMQ9QEILzAC#imgrc=mfoINF3uQcSM5M:

37 comments:

  1. They look very good, thank you for you're submission, I will be sure to add this to my recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually my mom brings these home from the store but now I know how to actually make them! Your steps were very clear and precise and they sound absolutely delicious. I can't wait to try it!
    -Alanah Arteaga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bunuleos are the best things in the world. They are my favorite and this made me really hungry. Great Work! I liked how you told every single step and even added the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always looked forward to potlucks because someone always brings these, but now I know how to make them myself. I love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Christmas is over but this makes me want to go straight into it again just to make buñuelos. Your directions are clear and direct this will definitely help those who don't know how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool recipe. It is super cool that this is a recipe you make with your family. Can't wait to try it out, really good work! :)
    - Alana Robinson, P4

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family and I make these every Christmas Eve and they're always so good! It's so cool to see someone have the same traditions with their family! :') -Lexi Gomez, p4

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look absolutely amazing, Its great to see foods from different cultures and how they are made, I have had these a couple times and loved them every time. I look forward to trying out this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe is similar to what my family does. It was very detailed and you gave clear instructions. Although you did make some errors with capitalization in the introductory part with I's. -Tatiana Nunez Per. 3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wondered what these were called and I also enjoyed how simple and easy the steps are to follow.
    -Andrew Rodriguez P.3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my god love eating these, they're so good. Thank you for the recipe Michael can't wait for the weekend to start making them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed your detailed instructions. I can't wait to try these with my friends and family! -Briana Kiphen

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look delicious. I might make them eventually, and hopefully share them with my family. I've never heard of these but I am eager to try them. -Behrouz Khokhar P.5

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love knowing new recipes, so thank you for this addition. I would like to buy less premade foods and instead buy more ingredients to get good at cooking and baking, so this one I'll try out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’m going to show this to my mom because they look bomb but even with the recipe I can’t cook. Thanks for the submission. - Jonathan Castillo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great instruction on this dish! Quick and simple and looks delicious, I'm going to have to try it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so good and i look forward to trying them -Charis Webber

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your instructions were very detailed and helpful. I liked the layout of this piece and the bunuleos look and sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a great recipe. I’ll have to try and make it some time. Great detail in each step. Sarah Skibby per. 2

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always wanted to make them good but haven't found the perfect recipe, I will try these soon and see how they come out !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness as soon as i read the title i was so excited. These are such a big part of my culture during the winter time and i always have to ask a family friend to make them for me. Now my family has no excuse not to make them. Thank you for the wonderful recipe.
    -Marycristy Garcia p.2

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look so good. It was very well descriptive and also made me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  23. OHH MY GOSH I love bunuelos. Thank you for this delicious recipe. Also great amount of detail. Keep up the good work! Jesse Jauregui

    ReplyDelete
  24. This recipe looks really good! I can't wait to try this at home and I will definitely refer to these instructions! -Caleb Leyva P.5

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm usually not big fan of instructions but I can't wait to actually try this one because it looks fine and the final product has to be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the way you described the dish. I really want to try it out now. I think the detail you used in it was very nice sinceit will make it so much easier to make. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Michael, I really enjoyed your "how to" piece (even if you made me really, REALLY hungry). The detail of your recipe makes it worthy of any Martha Stewart cook book. The picture you attached to the end concluded the recipe nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I will definitely be using this in the near future. The way you list the steps helps me believe that I could actually do it myself (which may not be the case)-Jaden Dawson

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love bunuelos! I can totally connect with this "How To" because it reminds me of when I made them for the first time for a family picnic. So many people can relate to this tradition. Thank you for sharing your detailed recipe with the class. I'm sure many people are looking forward to recreating it.
    --Unity Montalvo Period 4

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love these!!! Thank you for sharing this piece and the recipe! They’re so delicious and an awesome tradition!! Can’t wait to make these aha good job!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  31. Buñueleos look and seem like they taste amazing. I might try to make this, this weekend. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love that you made this because I've actually been planning on making these for the longest!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These look amazing! Defiantly something id be willing to try from the normal classical churro

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love these my grandma makes them for me all the time !!! Now I can make them for her !! Really enjoyed this piece looking forward to using it

    -Candice Velasco

    ReplyDelete
  35. I had no idea what these were called, my neighbors used to bring them as gifts for Christmas. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You really became my hero after this post. i love these so much.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I’ve always seen these around but have never tried them. You’re step by step was easy to understand and now I have no excuse not to try buñuelos.

    ReplyDelete