Pages


Thursday, October 20, 2016

Canon Cambridge’s Life of Adventure--Adam


As Canon laid in the bed of the hospital, he last said “my goal is that when I pass, I want people to reflect upon my life and come to the realization that I tried my best to fulfill my life with greatness.” But this was heard by no one. Canon was your typical adventurer, traveling around the world. Canon on his adventures was always seeking one thing. In everything, he was seeking something we all longed for. Canon at an early age lost both of his parents due to cancer.  This was a tough situation to be in. A young orphan boy left to figure out his whole existence on his own. Many noticed his situation but did very little to help Canon out. During his mid-life, Canon Cambridge was tired of how he was portrayed since he was a young boy. So he set out achieve his goal to fulfill his life. Due to his tough background, Canon was always somehow able to capture sadness through a lens, which landed him a job with national geographic. His task was to go and capture the negative aspects in life on his own. So Canon started traveling the world, visiting every place anyone could ever dream of visiting. Imagine all the stories and the events he has encountered. Whether it was with animals, or the 3rd world population, he was the one to experience it all. Many of his coworkers envied him because he was THE one, who got to set out on adventures and come back with magnificent photographs of the world. To the audience in his life, he was the one to admire, because Canon Cambridge had it all. But the one thing he didn’t have his whole life was a companion. Many tried to be a part of his life, but none for the right reasons. Canon was a very welcoming person, but those who he welcomed always came in none for the good of his life, but their own, and when Canon was no longer beneficial to them, he was always left behind. So in time Canon was built to be more distant. As time took part, Canon grew old, still adventuring the world and letting his spirit roam free. Until the day he couldn’t anymore. In the hospital, he laid their fighting for his final breaths. He too was diagnosed with cancer, just as his parents. Once his final breath was taken, and the traditional ceremonies took place, people reflected upon his life and did come to the realization that he, Canon Cambridge, lived his life to the fullest which did indeed completed his goal. The sad thing of his life is that he never found his companion; He accomplished his goal, but never got to fulfill his life because he never had anyone to share it with. Canon started his life alone, and his life came to an end alone.

6 comments:

  1. I love this piece especially since it had a twist to it and it was very sad in that even though he experience many magnificent places, he was still missing that companionship. I thought it was extremely sad for him to be in orphan as well and be diagnosed with cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece broke my heart, especially the last sentence. Anyone can travel to the most beautiful and exotic places in the world but it will mean nothing if you're not making memories of it with a companion. This piece was a wake up call for me because it makes me feel blessed for everything I have and that my family is healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so much sorrow for Canon due to his crazy past and ending but I also feel content because he got to to do what he dreamt to do, traveling the world, capturing life's moments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this piece! First and foremost, I love how you named the character Canon, and how he becomes a photographer. That incorporation had really stuck with me throughout the story. Secondly, I find that this story had a great message in the fact that people can live a great life, but it will never truly be complete without a companion. Great job, and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this, because I can relate to Canon a lot. I love to travel, and I plan on traveling as much of the world as I can. The ending made me feel bad for him, because you realize that even though he did everything he wanted in life, but he never had anyone he needed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this piece because it relates the natural human acclimation to gravitate towards a companions when in need. This story shows how that even with great accomplishments, they mean nothing without others to share in their success. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete