Pages


Thursday, November 30, 2017

How To Make Delicious Chocolate Covered Pretzels--Victoria


I’m going to share one of my absolute favorite and easiest dessert recipe. These mouth-watering, salty and sweet pretzels are perfect for any occasion, holiday, or celebration and it only takes a few ingredients to make!
First, we have to gather all the ingredients for this delicious treat. You can either use pretzel rods or mini pretzels, but I prefer large pretzel rods because they look a lot more put together and less casual if they were to be served at parties. Next, you will need parchment paper, chocolate candy drops (you can either choose colored candies or regular milk chocolate depending on how you want to personalize them.), and any candy of your choice. If chocolate or candies are not your go-to treat and you would like a more healthier route, try using yogurt as a substitute for chocolate and trail mix instead of candies for the sprinkling on the pretzels.
The tools needed for this dessert will be a refrigerator to store the pretzels, a stovetop or microwave to melt the chocolate, and a food processor to crush the candies. The final tool is optional so as a substitute, you can crush the candies by hand if preferred.
            First step is to decide how many pretzels are going to be served. This varies depending on the occasion and will not make any differences in the completed product. You will have to grab either a cookie sheet or any type of food tray to place the pretzels on. Next, you will lay down the parchment paper on the tray. This specific type of cooking paper will prevent the chocolate from sticking to the paper, so there is no need for cooking sprays or oils. Next, after you lay down the pretzels you are using on the tray, we will begin to prepare the candies.
            If you are using chocolate drops or chips for this recipe, you will place them into a microwave safe cup or place in a pot on the stove to melt. Make sure you are constantly stirring the chocolate after every few 10 seconds or else it will cause the chocolate to burn. This goes for both on the stove and microwave. If using a microwave, make sure you check the chocolate every 10-15 seconds in between and stir. The following step is to crush your candies of choice into small bits. The smaller the pieces, the easier they are to stick to the chocolate.
            The next step is to either coat the pretzels or dip them into the melted chocolate. Once the pretzels are covered, you will sprinkle the candies onto them as much as desired. If you want to add more decoration, you can add colored frosting or edible glitter to make them really stand out. The final step is to take your covered pretzels and place them into the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours or until completely hardened. Once they are finished, you can take them out and enjoy! These treats are so great for the whole family and all ages! Here are a few variations of the recipe for different occasions or birthday parties:
      For Halloween, you can use orange colored chocolates and use purple or black frosting drizzle. Candies can vary, you can use crushed chocolate bars or colored M&Ms or if you want to be really festive, even bat or pumpkin sprinkles.
      Christmas themed pretzels can use white chocolate coating and crushed peppermints for the candy. This is one of my ultimate Christmas treats to make for holiday parties because the peppermint and the chocolate, along with the salty pretzel is amazing!
      Birthday party pretzels would be a real winner if you use white chocolate for the coating and birthday sprinkles for decoration! An added tip- try using birthday cake frosting for the pretzels to create the tastiest party treat!

            As you can see, these desserts are very versatile and can be customized and created for any occasion! I had mentioned before that these are so easy to make and don’t require many ingredients. I remember the first time I had tried making these for a holiday bake sale, I wasn’t sure on the finished product and wanted them to be as presentable as possible.They turned out even better than expected o my first go and ever since then, these have been an absolute favorite of mine! I can definitely say that these are fun to make as well as enjoy with others because of how fun and colorful they can be. I hope you will get the chance to try this recipe out for yourself or even share it with some friends.

 
 
https://www.google.com/search?q=chocolate+covered+pretzels&rlz=1C1AYBJ_enUS767US769&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwix1bWbwsTXAhXGeSYKHfrQDHgQ_AUICygC#

21 comments:

  1. As a lover of chocolate, I enjoyed this piece it was really educating. I will probably use this how to this weekend during a movie night so I can have some lovely snacks to enjoy. This piece was very easy to follow and fascinating

    -Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. This "how to" was very intriguing! I liked that you added several frosting variations, so that the reader had an idea for each occasion. After reading this, I am definitely going to try to make my own chocolate covered pretzels
    -Alanah Arteaga

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got hungry reading this piece. Now I want to make some myself because I have never done it before. I loved how you added the occasions as well! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title caught my eye because for me, I love chocolate! and reading your how to was very easy going and looks very delicious. I also liked how you incorporated the different occasions for the holidays and birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although a very easy recipe it was very detailed and descriptive! I love how you offered a healthier alternative, yogurt instead of chocolate which provided more options and allowed those health nuts to enjoy this delicious treat. Also, I thought it was very helpful that you suggested how to alter the pretzels to fit a specific holiday, so festive and so yummy! -Chloe Munar

    ReplyDelete
  6. The way you explained how to make chocolate covered pretzels sounds very easy and doable! Your suggestions for occasions to use said treat are really cool and insightful. I love chocolate covered pretzels and I might have to try this out.

    -Ezinne Abba

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked this piece as it was very informative and detailed but appealing to the eye. You gave really good, thorough instruction but managed to keep it lighthearted and fun! - Aaryn Cranon

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was very detailed and informal. I love pretzels and I hope to go back and use this to recreate it. Sounds really good

    Sarah Skibby
    Per. 2

    ReplyDelete
  9. The piece was very descriptive, and I like how you through in different holiday occasions. It really caught my attention. -Lexy M

    ReplyDelete
  10. "How to" is always my favorite pieces because I learn new things which is cool because I can finally make the food at my house instead of buying it at a restaurant aha, Good job on describing the details and use of vocabulary!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This piece was very detailed and easy to follow, I liked how you also incorporated it for certain occasions

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this nice and simple how-to that you can customize for whatever occasion. I also appreciated how you added a healthy alternative with the yogurt and thought it would be cool to try a swirl of chocolate and yogurt if you wanted to put in some extra effort! - Caitlin Fanning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice How-to, not going to lie I'm probably not going to make it but I definitely will try to get someone to make it for me.
    -Ramsey Perez

    ReplyDelete
  14. I appreciate how you made the recipe both simple and helpful for anyone to follow. Also, I love how you provided variations of the treats to fit different festivities! I will surely try making these one day, so great job. -Hannah Espejo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This how to was so easy to follow, I feel like I can go and make these without being confused of lost at any step. I also enjoyed how you added some personal stories to it about when you make them. You made this sound so easy I may make some for my Christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. After reading your piece, I'm definitely going to try making some for the holidays. My family would really enjoy these. The steps were super easy to follow too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how this step by step was easy to comprehend and can help the baker create great tasting chocolate covered pretzels! It’s also wonderful how you gave recommendations for variations to how you can decorate the pretzel according to the event you’re preparing for.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! This was actually a very informative tutorial. This is something that I may try making this weekend. It was very informative, easy to follow, and very well written. I can tell that there was a lot of effort put into this and it almost seemed as if you were actually making them as you were writing this. You did an outstanding job Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice informative story, great timing since holidays are fast approaching , something sweet to make for the family haha, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm definitely a huge fan of chocolate covered pretzels, so this was a great read to me. It was very descriptive and detailed to where i didn't question any of the steps written in this piece. Great job! --kayla leonard

    ReplyDelete
  21. YUMMY! I got hungry just reading your entry. Made me want to get off my computer and go make some, but then realizing I have none of the supplies and would have to fight the wind to get to the store. It was very descriptive like how an actual recipe should be so I commend you.

    ReplyDelete