Pages


Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Maite--Procrastination

Procrastination something that everyone does and some just happen to do it so well that it could be considered an art. Well for this guy that's the case prom was 2 weeks away and one of those weeks being spring break he had to figure out the best way to ask his friend to prom. Poor Emmanuel running around everywhere searching for that one right idea so he could ask Noelle but he could find it anywhere. Then during this period, yearbook it was like an angel came and saved him, Nora had the perfect idea for his she told him “hey why don't you make 5 cakes and cut out the letters to spell out prom,” it was a perfect idea he just couldn't understand why his perfect self didn't think of that idea I guess he wasn't as perfect as he thought he was. Emmanuel only had one problem he didn't know Noelle favorite type of cake but then Kayla told him “Why don't you just make each letter a different flavors and I can help you in make some good box cake” and that's what needed up happening they all went to the store that day to grab all the materials they needed to make the cakes;they all headed to Emmanuel house and spent the next 3 hours baking, cutting out letters and frosting all 5 of the cakes with bright color frosting. The only thing next to do was to find out where Noelle was so his first thought was to go to Sam and figure out that she was just at Sam's house, so they all drove to Sam's house while making sure that they didn't mess up any of the letters as they drove. Once they got to Sam's house they walked straight in and placed all the letters on the table , they walked upstarts to the loft to and luckily for Emmanuel, Noelle doesn't have the best ear so they were able to walk up there without her knowing and blindfold her. To make it a little more fun they made her walk all all round Sam's house a couple times which to her felt forever. Then when they were all done having fun they took her down stairs to the table and unblindfolded her. Once the blindfold fell off her face she immediately reacted with joy and tears and said yes.

31 comments:

  1. This is such a cute story! I loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might steal this idea when I ask my prom date, so thanks for that haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Procrastination is something we can all relate too but I particularly loved how there was a good outcome in this case. Love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is very relatable because everyone procrastinates whether it's only a few times or all the times everyone has done it. The fact that in the end she got asked made the story that much more enjoyable

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute way to ask someone to prom, and some of the best ideas are born out of procrastination. Such an adorable story

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very accurate choice of a title. Good choice of an idea. -Joshua Kidwell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story! That's great she said yes. It is actually a pretty good idea haha.^
    ~ Gregory Gomez

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really nice story. I enjoyed reading it!
    -Kasandra Felix

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww this is so cute, I enjoyed reading it, Great Job!

    -Sirikanya Boonyanant

    ReplyDelete
  10. This story symbolizes the struggles of a guy trying to find a not cliche way to ask a girl to prom. This story is too real and too good. -Brian Rojas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! What a wonderful short story and way to ask someone to prom. That Emmanuel guy sure is a keeper ;)
    -Emmanuel Huntspon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is waaaaay better than the day before homecoming proposal. Now that's procrastination

      Delete
  12. I wish I would be asked to prom this way, who wouldn't want all that cake?? Cute story, just be aware of punctuation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked the procrastination with a good ending, cute story!
    -Lorena Meza

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice story and also great prom idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like how the simple diction allowed the piece to be very understanding and permitted it to convey the overall message of procrastination with a cute topic that could be very relatable for many.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a life lesson right there just do it. Then at the same time something good came out of it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww this was cute!Every girl's dream is to have a creative prom proposal!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute story! It's lovely how this piece has a happy ending. I truly enjoyed all the twists and turns Emmanuel had to go through to ask Noelle out. Great piece!
    -Jerelle Medina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quick but very eventful with so much happening so quickly. It makes the story feel so spontaneous and all the more fun. Good Job! -Luke Riddington

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really sweet story, I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can really relate to this story because I'm procrastinating right now which has led me to wait till the last day to read all these wonderful stories, but keep up the great work! -Damian Echavarria

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely can relate since I'm a habitual procrastinator but it doesn't always bode well for me even tho for the most part it does.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is a great piece maite. 😃👏🏻
    -anya

    ReplyDelete
  24. Haha, proves that good things can come to those who wait. I liked your story and it made me question whether or not I'll be in a similar situation when prom comes. Hopefully not, but I don't think I'd be down for the whole baking situation. Emmanuel deserves some props.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like how you took something so relatable in students lives and turned it into a cute story. I also love how unlike most people with procrastination issues this story ended with a happy ending. Great job really cute.
    -Nahome Woldearegay

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with everyone in the comments, in that we can all relate to procrastination and that sometimes the most creative ideas are made out of procrastination. I wished the story was just slightly more drawn out as well as the character development/emotion , but you did a great job very creative and fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wish procrastination left me with a positive outcome like in your story. I love the promposal idea as well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish procrastination left me with a positive outcome like in your story. I love the promposal idea as well.

    ReplyDelete